Thursday 17 November 2011

Website Planning: Name

Today we had 3 hours of using KompoZer, learning how to do the basics ready for the start of our real websites. Whilst doing this I decided to brainstorm names, as having the right name will make a website popular or un-visated. For example, MTV is a popular website name as everyone is already associated with the MTV music channel. It's also short and sharp. Catchy websites like comparethemarket.com/comparethemeerkat.com are good, as people remember the name from the advertising used to create this. While deciding a name I will think of something short but catchy.

Below are names I've been brainstorming:

- SYNERGY
- 3D
- Electric
- Hey!
- T
- Unity
- Issue
- Publique
- Ado (teenager in French)
- Nous
- Nouvelles
- Notizie
- Voi (you in Italian)


I've chosen the following because they all have links to my overall website idea: a website designed for and around music, films, news etc which teenagers would be interested in. Near the end I started to translate them into other languages, French and Italian as they look more interessting and fresh. All I have to do now is chose my final name so I can proceed to design my logo and look. So far my favourites are Synergy, T and Voi. Now I need to decide!

1 comment:

Blog