Thursday 17 November 2011

Starting KompoZer

Today we started looking at the practical section of the coursework. After researching websites and advertisements, we all had a go at KompoZer; a free website maker. I've made a mock homepage, simple in colours and font just to get a grip of it. From playing around, I've learnt how to insert tables for text, images and links. Below is a screen shot of my mock page.



Here I have created my navigation bar including the 6 basic subjects I will more than likely include. I have linked 3 up (Home, Gossip and News) and left the other 3 plain to show the difference.The first 3 all link to other pages, ones I've just made up for sake of this experiment. Below is a screen shot of my practice gossip page. By editing the home page and re-saving is as 'gossip', I've linked the Gossip section to this page below. I still have the navigation bar which makes navigating around much easier for visitors. 




Here is my final homepage, all links work on every single page - they link to each other.


After having a go at KompoZer, I feel confident to start my website. I am really enjoying using it and will now start my website planning.

1 comment:

Blog