Thursday 17 November 2011

Final Name Desicion

Before starting my layout or planning, I want to chose my final name so it can influence how I set everything out. In my last post, I created a list of names I like and then narrowed them to my top 3.


  • Synergy. I like this one because its a media/film related term which applies to anything. It means two or more things working together, for example Empire Magazine has a website to match. Or NME has a website, magazines and TV channel. It implies that my website will work and suit everyone. Then name also includes Energy, implying colour, volume and interesting things. So far this is my favourite.
  • T. I like this one as its short and sweet. The T stands for teen, as its a teen channel. Thinking of the design I could do many things with this and its very catchy like short names such as MTV, Q and Hello.
  • Voi. Many magazines and sites these days have names such as Hello, Ok, Now, You etc. They're very short and informal, appealing to you as they don't sound far-fetched and boring. Voi means You in Italian. I chose to change the language as its more interesting and creative. 

Final Name.

The name I have chosen is Synergy. I have chosen this for all the reasons I included above, I feel I can make this look very interesting and artistic. I like how its a media term and includes the word 'energy'. It sounds like an upbeat fun work and it will work very, very well with my website. Now all I have to do is design my logo.

1 comment:

  1. Decision (check your spelling).

    All your name choices are good and all have their merits.. a difficult decision to pick the one that you feel will work for your site/TV channel.

    ReplyDelete

Blog