Thursday 17 November 2011

Meaning behind the Name.

Synergy.
Synergy may be defined as two or more things functioning together to produce a result not independently obtainable.


A good example of synergy is Disney and McDonalds. McDonalds include a lot of Disney's new film characters as Happy Meal toys. This boosts money and popularity for both; if a child has just seen the latest Smurf film for example and his parents take him into McDonalds when they are hosting Smurf toys in their boxes, the child will ask for a Happy Meal and vise-vera. 


I chose the name Synergy for my website because, as I've implied at the top, it shows my website will work or function with everyone. It will imply that my website will appeal to everyone in some way and that it works well and care-free with other media such as television or magazines. It's also a media related term which I though appropriate. To me, it also sounds energetic as when you say it you hear Energy. In the design process I feel I will have a lot of fun creating the logo and the website will suit the name very well, so they will synergise with eachother :)







1 comment:

Blog