Friday 16 March 2012

Newspaper Advertisement Analysis for new TV Channel/Program

The next antillary task I had to make was an A5 advertisement to include in a newspaper or magazine.


Where do I place my A5 advertisement?
This was a problem I had to solve before making it. As my audience is 15-25 year olds, products such as The Times, The Guardian or The Sun wont be a good choice as people in my audience range do not read this types of things. Whilst studying I couldn't find local or decent newspapers for teenages so I decided magazines would be the best options.

Firstly, I aim to include my ad in teen magazines such as; sports magazines for boys, girls magazines such as Shout, Seventeen and Teen Vogue. For the older range such as 17-25 I want to place it in Vogue (for the fashion concious), Empire, Cosmopolitan, Company and NME. These magazines cover all areas of fashion, films, gossip and music included in my webiste. I feel this will fit my ad best. For placement I will opt to include my ad on the right hand page, for the same reasons I placed my celeb on the right hand side.

My final ad:


When constructing in, photoshop I initially wanted to use the full logo. When I tried this it didn't fit in, it was far too busy and was too big to work. Therefore I decided to make a new one, in the same style as the original. I made the colours slightly brighter to make them really pop against the white, so it catches everyones eye whist in a magazine. I wanted my ad to be simple, so I just included the "S" so it creates a little bit of mystery. I also used the slogan I've coined "Get Involved" and then the website underneath. I decided to include the 3 channel numbers to remind everyone that it is also a TV channel, not just a website though I have taken the opacity down so the advert isn't too 'in your face'.

I feel it works well, I love the way the colours stand out and I like how it's short, simple and sweet.

After looking at my advertisement, I felt I needed to include a launch date just like my double page spread, therefore I added the date simply under the website URL. 


HERE IS MY FINAL AD:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog